BlackBox’s training solutions have been designed to meet the needs of organizations for flexible and engaging contact that improves the competencies and behaviors of staff working on projects and with project teams. We have extensive experience designing material for and delivering courses to English-as-a-second-language (ESL) students on five continents over the last decade. We only exist to meet our clients’ needs.
BlackBox offers 12 traditional classroom courses that are registered with the Project Management Institute and which deliver PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs). Classes can be delivered with a focus on the Oil & Gas Industry, the Information Technology industry, or industry-neutral examples, exercises, and case studies. Classroom courses include:
- 1, 2, and 3-day versions of basic Introduction to Project Management, Advanced Risk Management, and Advanced Time and Cost management courses.
- 1 and 3-day courses in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel for project managers.
- A 5-day Project Management Professional PMP® Preparation class
- A 3-day Writing Statements of Work class
BlackBox uses the Citrix GoToTraining® tool to deliver online and blended (online mixed with classroom) courses to remote students with electronic delivery of materials, online polling, and lively electronic group sessions.
Custom Course Design
BlackBox works with clients to tailor materials to specific client or industry needs. BlackBox has developed courses for oil industry executives seeking a human capital management day-long workshop, government managers seeking training in a new tablet PC being launched, and clients seeking training in a tailored implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. BlackBox is available to assist clients in determining their requirements for facilitation and training and then developing the materials and delivering courses either remotely with our Citrix GoToTraining® tool, in a classroom, or in a conference or offsite setting.
BlackBox offers bundled or packaged courses that combine topics into 5- and 10-day offerings. Any combination of project management topics can be created, but BlackBox currently has registered with the PMI®:
- A 5-day Project Management Foundations and Tools package that teaches MS Project, Introduction to Project Management, and MS Excel.
- A 5-day Project Time, Cost and Risk package that teaches advanced concepts of Time, Cost and Risk management.
- A blended offering of five 2-hour sessions, five 5-hour homework assignments and a 5-day classroom session as a Comprehensive Project Management package.